Why is Redirecting Users to a Random Post in WordPress necessary? It helps site owner to promote their random articles and read posts that are hidden in the blog. In simple words, it does promotion of site’s different old articles which helps to increase site popularity. In this article users will be taught to redirect random post in WordPress.
Importance of Redirecting Users to a Random Post in WordPress:
- Helps to discover old articles to the users.
- Allows user to discover new content while increasing the page views.
- Redirect users to random posts from 404 Error Pages.
- Add a ‘Surprise Me’ Button in WordPress.
Redirect Users to a Random Post using Plugin
- First of all Login to the Dashboard of the site. There click on the button Plugin>>Add New.
- Search and Install the Plugin Redirect URL to Post. Click on the button Activate to use it.
- After Activating, users can see URL query parameters for redirection on the WP Plugins page. This plugin has no other setting pages. Users can use query on their pages to redirect viewers to random and latest posts or old articles.
- For redirecting a random page user need to copy random post query and add it to the error pages and other pages as a link. Simply add the below shortcode to display the random post button.
- Finally users will be able to redirect random post on website by clicking on the button ‘Random Post.’
By the use of Redirect URL to Post Plugin users can easily create a good impression. As it lacks the error pages and helps your articles, post and pages to get more views by the viewers. It’s easy for even the WP Beginners to do so with the help of this article. It’s really easy just task of couple of steps.
Hope the information was useful. Please leave recommendations below.
Also, check out other WordPress Tutorials over here:
- Redirect links in WordPress
- Create SEO Friendly images in WordPress
- Upload custom logo on your WordPress Site
- Add a social share button on WP website using Social Share WordPress Plugin
- Showcase your clients/sponsors/partner logo in WordPress website using Smart Logo Showcase lite
- Integrate Twitter feeds on your WordPress site