Let’s start with the full form. The full form of HTTP is HyperText Transfer Protocol and HTTPS is HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure. To make it clear, HTTPS provides more security to the site. version of HTTPS. The ‘S’ in HTTPS stands for Secure which means all communication between the website and encrypted.
Instead of using old version with limited version. It’s far better to use the new version with additional features. There isn’t even a single reason to use HTTP instead of HTTPS. If the site is moved to HTTPS it increases the SEO strategies. It also makes the site faster and safe with whatever information being shared.
Why to move HTTP to HTTPS?
- It is 70% faster.
- Keeps informations safe from the hackers.
- Recipient knowing code can decipher the messages.
- Secures HyperText Transfer Protocol.
- Helps to stay in good grace with Google.
- Increases SEO strategies.
Setting up the WordPress to use HTTPS
- First of all Login to the Dashboard of the site.
- Click on the button Plugins that is presented in the left bar of the site. Among the various options click on the button Add New.
- Search and Install the Really Simple SSL Plugin.
- After Activating the Plugin click on the button Settings than on SSL. The program will automatically detect SSL certificate.
- Now the WordPress Site is Set up to HTTPS.
The features of Really Simple SSL Plugin are:
- Check SSL Certificate.
- Enable HTTP strict transport security.
- Premium Support.
- Checks experiment certificate.
- Configure sites for the HSTS preload list.
The tutorial suggests to use Really Simple SSL plugin as it is best plugin to move HTTP to HTTPS. In this Tutorial readers can easily do the steps along with some easy couple of guidance. It’s even reliable to WP Beginners. Hope the information was useful. Please leave the recommendations below.
Also, check out other WordPress Tutorials over here:
- Upload custom logo on your WordPress Site?
- Add a social share button on WP website using Social Share WordPress Plugin
- Showcase your clients/sponsors/partner logo in WordPress website using Smart Logo Showcase lite?
- Integrate Twitter feeds on your WordPress site?