If you are looking for a complete social sharing plugin to boost the social shares, increase engagement, traffic and improve conversion of your WordPress website then, you are at the right place. Here, in this article, we will compare and contrast 2 best WordPress social share plugins available – Monarch and Social Warfare. They both are very popular and contain amazing features and functionality to add engaging social media share icons on your WordPress website.
So. let’s begin and start this comparison:
Monarch is an ultimate WordPress plugin for social media sharing. It contains all the required features to increase the social share of your content. It is fast, lightweight, beautifully designed and fully customizable. You can add the social share button anywhere on your WordPress website using the generated shortcode. Moreover, the plugin also contains various trigger options to display your social share button in an elegant fashion.
- Lots of Locations to Display Social Share Button
- Several Trigger Options
- Supports Over 35+ Social Networks
- Custom Widgets
- Built-in Shortcode Generator
- Lots of Customization Options
- Detailed Stats
- Import and Export Options
You have to get Elegant Themes Membership to use Monarch. There are 2 different memberships plan available. They are:
- Yearly Access: For $89 per year. This plan offers unlimited access to all the products of Elegant Themes including Monarch. You will receive the premium support and free updates for one year.
- Lifetime Access: For a one-time payment of $249. This plan provides unlimited access to Monarch and all other products of Elegant Themes for a lifetime.
Pros and Cons of Monarch
- Lots of position for placing social share icons
- Several inbuilt triggers to display share buttons
- Dedicated customization options for each location
- Detailed stats to keep the track of social activities
- Some users complain about incorrect share counts
- You have to use the same social media network in all position
- No free version
- Since Monarch cannot be bought individually. You need to pay a minimum price of $89 purchase the develop pack which is quite expensive
Social Warfare is a premium WordPress plugin to add beautiful, lightning-fast social media share buttons on your website. It offers tons of features and customization options to display visually appealing social icons elegantly. Moreover, the plugin comes with inbuilt shortcodes for letting you add the social media share icons on any pages, posts, or widgets of your WordPress website.
- Supports 15 Major Social Media Channels
- 4 Primary Button Placement Locations
- Social Share Count Options
- Inbuilt Shortcodes
- Popular Post Widget Based on Total Number of Shares
- Content Protection
- Share Recovery Tool for Lost Share Counts
- Social Authorship for Facebook, Twitter and More
- Single Site – $29/year
- Upto 5 Sites – $80/year
- Upto 10 Sites – $139/year
- Unlimited – $329/year
Pros and Cons of Social Warfare
- Clean, modern, attractive button designs
- Highly customizable with over 5000 possible style combinations
- Amazing inbuilt features including “Click to Tweet” and “Frame Buster”
- Lots of button placement and display option, including manual placement
- A free version is available at WordPress.org repository
- Affordable Pro add-on at the price of $29/year for single user license
- Google Analytics tracking
- Simple to install and easy to configure
- Sometimes conflicts other plugins
- No social follow link
- No social analytics options
Both plugins are good in specific areas and choosing the clear winner is difficult. If you look at the pricing for a single site then, Social Warfare is the winner. However, if you go for unlimited license then, Monarch is the winner. Likewise, if you go for the number social media supports then, Monarch is the winner.
You can also check out the plugin comparison of:
- Slider Revolution vs LayerSlider vs Master Slider – Which is the Best Slider Plugin for WordPress Website?
- Ninja Popups vs Convert Plus vs Layered Popups – Which is the Best WordPress Popup Plugins?
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Add a Free Live Chat in WordPress
- How to Properly Change/Rename Categories in WordPress Website