When you actively read and respond to the comments of your website’s visitors, you show an affirmation that your website is open for conversation with them, you care about the people who visit your website and genuinely are interested to help them, address them and solve their issues(if any). So as to address their comments and reply to them you need to first be able to view the comments your visitors leave your website. To help you address this issue, in this tutorial we will explain – how to show recent comments in WordPress sidebar, which will help you to view all the comments made by your visitors and hence make your page a highly responsive one.
Here are two ways by which you can show recent comments in WordPress sidebar :
First Method – Adding “Recent Comments” Widget to your Sidebar
- Go to Dashboard>Appearance>Widgets.
- Drag “Recent Comments” widget from your “Available Widgets” section and drop it in the “Sidebar”.
- You now can provide the title of your recent comments and chose the number of comments to be shown.
Second Method – Installing the “Decent Comments” WordPress Plugin.
- Go to Dashboard>Appearance>Plugins>Add New.
- Search for “Decent Comments” plugin, then install and activate it
- After you have activated this plugin, go to Appearance>Widgets, then drag and drop the “Decent Comments” widget to your WordPress sidebar.
We at WPAll Club recommend this method for you to show your recent comments in your WordPress sidebar, because this plugin is well equipped with many functionalities than the default “Recent Comments” widget. Using this plugin you can –
- Sort your comments in the order of your author’s email/URL, content, date, etc in either ascending or descending order.
- Choose to show either the excerpt of the comments or the full comment itself on your site.
- Show comments in specific categories or tags
- Specify the number of comments to show, and much more.
Thereby, this plugin is probably one of the best options for you to add recent comments in your WordPress sidebar.
Here we presented to you two of the methods using which you can add recent comments in your WordPress sidebar. Though we recommend the second method, you can use any of the two methods as per your preference and convenience.
We hope this tutorial helped you to add recent comments in your WordPress sidebar. If you have any problems/ suggestions for us please let us know via the comment section below.
And, if you like our articles, please subscribe to your YouTube Channel, Twitter and Facebook.