A parent page is the main page that has its own content. It serves as an intersection in the ranking of pages and subpages (children). In the same case, child page is a page that subordinates to the other pages. In your WordPress site, you may wish to have both parent/child page
Having these pages makes your website divide into different sections for more clarity and smooth understanding. You are here reading this tutorial to learn “How to create a parent/child page on your WordPress website?” It is really very easy to create the page. You just need to go through this article for a few minutes.
Creating a parent/child page on your WordPress website
- Log In to your website or Click on Dashboard
- Click on Pages>>Add New
- Add Title and Short Description about the Parent Page you created
- Click on Publish
Your parent page is created. To check if it’s created or not Click on the Pages>>All Pages. There you can see the Parent Page you created in your WordPress website as shown in the above image.
Once you are done creating a parent page, Head towards creating a child page.
- Click the Page you want to you want to appear as a child page
- Enter the option of Edit
When you Click on Edit, on the right side of your site you can see the section of Page Attributes where your page doesn’t have a parent page.
- Click on No Parent Section
- There are parent pages in your site
- Choose the parent page for your child page
- When you keep your page under any parent page a child page is created
- Once you choose the parent page, Click on Publish
Above is your child page.
It is necessary for you to have parent as well as child page in your WordPress site. Both the pages make your content more clarified and convenient. It makes your site look clear as there will not be many pages. You can categorize many child pages under the relevant parent pages. Above Tutorial taught you to add both the pages on your website. If you have any queries or confusion, then Please leave it in the comment box below.
Also, Check out: