No wonder why RetaiMeNot is so popular among all the shoppers. It’s very simple as everyone loves saving money. What can be more interesting than doing your own business by helping others to save money? So, here in this blog, I will discuss some easy tips how to build a coupon website in WordPress.
Yes, it’s indeed a cool job that coupon websites like RetailMeNot do. If you are planning to begin a business, building a coupon website in WordPress framework can be a good option for you.
Coupon Websites- A brief introduction
Coupon websites are the online advertising and marketing websites that feature thousands of coupon ads of various manufacturers or authors. These websites inform the customers about the discount plans and helps them save their money.
On the other hand, coupon websites make money for themselves too as the affiliates do by driving traffic to the manufacturers or the authors. It is a win-win game for all the three sides involved–
- Customers get quality products at the cheaper price.
- Product manufacturers get their products promoted, earn good will and loyal customers for future.
- Coupon websites earn money as the affiliates to the product manufacturers.
How to Build a Coupon Website in WordPress Framework?
Now let’s talk how to make a coupon website using WordPress. As WordPress is versatile, multipurpose and flexible CMS, it’s not a tough task to create a coupon site with WordPress.
Like any other website, one can easily create a coupon website in WP framework using a theme specifically created for coupon websites. There are plenty of minimalist and modern WordPress coupon themes that provide the professional looking design/ layout for a coupons and deals website. Yes, they offer exactly the similar design like that of RetailMeNot and awesome features. In addition, there are plenty of WordPress coupon plugins that add functionalities to your coupon website and make it a perfect coupon website.
If you are one of the WordPress developers, you can create a completely new theme on your own for your coupon website however, it will cost you a lot of time and money. So, it is better choosing one of the ready-made themes – actually there are enough of awesome coupon themes so that you can find a theme like you want. Do a careful and deep research on the theme features before you pick one.
Here, I am talking about 3 best WordPress coupon themes and 3 best WordPress coupon plugins to give you a quick guidance.
Best WordPress Coupon Themes
CouponXL- Coupons, Deals & Discounts WP Theme
CouponXL is a complete WordPress coupon theme featured in Themeforest of Envato. It is a perfect WordPress solution to complete deals, discounts, and coupons. It has a beautiful sleek design that looks great for the affiliate websites as well.
It is a modern WordPress theme based on Bootstrap framework. It is fully responsive, SEO optimized, flexible and indeed a perfect WordPress theme.
Main features of CouponXL WordPress theme:
- Easy One Click Demo Install
- Support child theme
- Lightspeed, fast and reliable
- Custom profile dashboard
Clipper- A powerful coupon theme for WordPress
Clipper is another powerful WordPress coupon theme, which is featured in App Themes. It is a feature-rich theme that allows you create a complete coupon website within minutes. It is easy to use and highly customizable.
Clipper is a cool theme with a bundle of features. It is responsive WordPress theme with multi-language support, clean open source code and global support team.
Main features of Clipper WordPress theme:
- Advanced link cloaking & tracking
- Dedicated store & category pages
- Custom email templates
- Custom write panel
Templatic theme marketplace features Daily Deal. Daily Deal is an awesome WordPress theme for building a coupon website or deals site. It has a great design to sell your own deals and others’ deals in an efficient and effective way.
It comes with an entirely responsive design that looks really great on all sizes of devices. It offers a customizable, widget ready homepage for making your website a unique one.
Main features of Daily Deal WordPress theme:
- Easily manage the homepage
- Moderate submissions
- Various deal types
- Several payment gateways
Best WordPress Coupon Plugins
Coupon Creator is a free WordPress plugin, which lets you create coupons in your website using a shortcode. It is easy to create attractive coupons for your website and set an expiry date for the display. Coupon Creator offers you various border themes like a dotted border, stitched border, saw tooth border etc. If you want more functionality and better support, you can also purchase its premium version.
Main features of Coupon Creator:
- Recurring expiration
- Ability to insert columns and rows into the content editor
- Visual editor
- Search coupons and categories in the dropdown
Promote your Coupon Website
With the help of above-mentioned WordPress themes or plugins, you can instantly create a coupon website. Then, you must focus on promoting your website. You are just a kid before the veteran coupon marketers who have already spent years with this business. It’s obviously a challenging task in the beginning but not impossible.
There are certain things you must understand to groom your business at its initial phase. Let me state the major three points:
1. Advertise for free: There is the trend of commission exchange between the publisher (coupon website owner) and the manufacturer or author. As you are a new coupon website owner, offer the good and quality product manufacturers to publish their ads in your website free. As you have a remarkable number of quality products featured, you start driving traffic towards yourself.
2. Develop strategies to keep customers: As you start getting some visitors on your website, concentrate on how you can call them back or make them regular customers. Make the deal so easy that they return to your website for their next shopping. You can offer them special gratitude and benefits for their visit, link them to your social media accounts, keep their details in your database etc.
3. Hit the right customers: Every product has a target customer. Similarly, target the right customers and publish the ads or coupons in the separate categories. Categorise the products and get the coupons designed as per the expectations of the potential customers.
Coupon website in the most popular CMS platform WordPress seems a cool business. WordPress is open source, easy to use and SEO optimized. With a plenty of themes and plugin choices, you are greatly resourceful in this framework. So, WordPress is probably the best platform to power your coupon website.
Build your own coupon website like RetailMeNot in WordPress and start a cool business today.
Already have one? Feel free to write in your experience below in the comment box.