Google Webmaster Tools also popularly known as Google Search Console is non-charge web service by Google for webmasters. It is a sweet suite of Google SEO tools which provides configuration and data for your site in Google search index. It allows you indexing with the site and optimizing visibility of the websites. In this tutorial, we will be learning about, “How to Add WordPress Site to Google Webmaster Tools?”
Why Add WordPress Site to Google Webmaster Tools?
Google Webmaster Tool is a set of tools offered by Google to give a publisher a look at how your website appears in the search result. This can help you in improving your old articles, writing new content, formulating content strategies and many others. Google webmaster tools also allow you to submit an XML sitemap of your website, exclude URLs, and help Google display the most important content of your WordPress site.
How to Add WordPress Site to Google Webmaster Tools?
- Search for Google Webmaster Tools website and sign in with a google account
- After signing in, add your website’s URL and hit the add new site button.
As the next step, you will be asked to verify the ownership of the website you are going to edit. You can easily upload an HTML file to your website’s root or Click on an alternate method to get a meta tag which you can later add to a WordPress site.
For adding a meta tag to your site, you can easily activate and install Insert Headers and Footers plugin. Now, copy the meta tagline provided by the webmaster tool which somehow looks like this:
<meta name=”google-site-verification” content=”VerificationKeyCode” />
- Click on Settings>>Insert Headers and Footers
- Paste the meta tagline into the header field
- Click on Save to save your meta tag.
- Go back to the Google Webmaster tools website and click on Verify site button to verify your WordPress site.
By using the WordPress SEO plugin,
- Copy the verification link on the content part
- Paste it in the WordPress SEO plugin
- Click on SEO in your WordPress admin sidebar and scroll down to webmaster selection
- Paste the unique code in the Google Webmaster Tools field
- Save your changes
- Go back to the Google Webmaster tools website to verify your website
After you have verified your website, the next thing you need to do is to add your XML site. After you have finished adding your sitemap, it may take a while for Google to display your site data. This is all you need to do to add WordPress site to Google Webmaster tools.
There is a great importance to add WordPress site to Google Webmaster tools. We have made this tutorial to let you know about the importance of adding it and the way to add it too. May the tutorial help you. We hope this tutorial was helpful to you. If you have any queries then Please leave in the comment box.