A widget in WordPress is a small section that provides you to add content and features in the widgetized areas. The widget areas can be in the header, footer, sidebars, below content, and basically any other areas in your theme. Widgets is created to allow a simple and easy to use process of giving design and structure control of WordPress theme to the users.
In this tutorial we will be learning about “How to add widget in footer?” Adding widget in the footer makes your website look systematic, professional and provide additional information too. There are different types of widget. Each different widgets are used for various purpose.
Adding Widget in Footer (Step by Step)
- First Login in to your website or click on the Dashboard
- Click on Appearance>>Widget
- After you Click on widgets you can see a box where there is categories, Click on Categories
- After you Click on the Categories, there will be the option of Blog Sidebar, Footer 1 and Footer 2.
- Click on Footer 1 or Footer 2 as you want
- Click on Add Widget
- Once the Footer 1 is created, give the Title for the Footer
- Click on any one option (Display as dropdown, Show posts count, Show hirearchy) as you want and need in your website
- Click on Save and your widget is created in the Footer
Repeat the same process for adding more widgets in your footer. The widgets will be added to your website as you can configure it form your Dashboard.
Widget are necessary in website, so we have learned to add it in our WordPress website. This tutorial has clearly mentioned you the steps to add widget in your website. If you have any queries then you can ask it in the comment box. You can easily add widget in the footer of your website. Its importance has already been discussed above as it makes your website look more systematic and fascinating. We bring you the tutorials
Also, check out:
- Best free WordPress tag cloud plugin
- How to design WordPress Tags using a plugin
- More WordPress tutorials – learn WordPress step by step
- WordPress video tutorials