A widget in WordPress is a small section that provides you to add content and features in the widgetized areas. The widget areas can be in the header, footer, sidebars, below content, and basically any other areas in your theme. Widgets are created to allow a simple and easy-to-use process of giving design and structure control of WordPress themes to the users.
In this tutorial, we will be learning about “How to add widget in the footer?” Adding a widget in the footer makes your website look systematic, professional and provides additional information too. There are different types of widgets. Each different widgets are used for various purpose.
- First Login into your website or click on the Dashboard
- Likewise, click on Appearance>>Widget
- After you click on widgets you can see a box where there are categories, Click on Categories
- After you click on the Categories, there will be the option of Blog Sidebar, Footer 1, and Footer 2.
- Click on Footer 1 or Footer 2 as you want
- Similarly, click on Add Widget
- Once the Footer 1 is created, give the Title for the Footer
- Click on any one option (Display as dropdown, Show posts count, Show hierarchy) as you want and need in your website
- Similarly, click on Save and your widget is created in the Footer
Repeat the same process for adding more widgets in your footer. Moreover, the widgets will be added to your website as you can configure them from your Dashboard.
Widgets are necessary for a website, so we have learned to add them to our WordPress website. This tutorial has clearly mentioned the steps to add a widget to your website. Additionally, if you have any queries then you can ask them in the comment box. You can easily add a widget in the footer of your website. Likewise, its importance has already been discussed above as it makes your website look more systematic and fascinating. We bring you the tutorials
Also, check out: