First let us know ‘What is Custom Fields?” Custom Fields is a feature in WordPress which enables user to add additional information while writing a blog or post. WordPress provides with the choice to add Additional Information known as meta-data. Users can choose weather to display the metadata in WordPress Themes using template tags.
Importance of Fixing Custom Fields Not Showing in WordPress
Despite having lots and lots of pros it also have some cons. It’s hard for most of the WordPress Beginners to use it. Most of the user don’t like to show the Custom Field option in their site if they have recently started their WordPress Blog. Hence, it’s better for the beginners to fix to not to Show Custom Fields in WordPress. Some of the Importance to do so are:
- Takes full control over WordPress edit Screen.
- Helps to add field anywhere in demand.
- It’s simple and intuitive.
- Covers large area of documentation.
- Extends the power of WordPress.
Fix Custom Fields Not Showing in WordPress:
- Firstly Login to the Dashboard of the site. Click on the button post and choose to edit an existing post.
- After editing the post Click on the Screen Options button at the top of the screen. User can see Several Options on Screen Options to show and hide. Click on the button Custom Fields to enable the feature.
- Finally now while scrolling down the user can see a new meta-box which is written as ‘Custom Fields’. It appears below the post editor.
- Now, without any edit the display choice will appear to display in the custom field options. Whenever users are editing the post in the WordPress.
Fixing Custom Fields now showing in WordPress will automatically make the site simple and intuitive. This tutorial guides all the WordPress Beginners to do so within few couple of steps. The steps are easy and simple. Hope the information was useful. Please leave the recommendation below and feel free to share.
Also, check out other WordPress Tutorials over here:
- Showcase your clients/sponsors/partner logo in WordPress website using Smart Logo Showcase lite
- Integrate Twitter feeds on your WordPress site
- Move WordPress from HTTP to HTTPS
- Sell Ads on Your WordPress Blog