WordPress is the best and the most popular content management system across the globe. However, it has not become the most used CMS for no reason. From having a top-notch security to being a leader in SEO optimization, WordPress offers almost everything for its users. One of such great features of WordPress is its ‘Media Editing Options’. Thanks to WordPress, we need not to use additional tools to edit images in our media files. WordPress provides us with almost all basic editing options that we require constantly. In this tutorial we will show you what all editing options WordPress offers and how you can edit images in WordPress.
Before you start to edit images, first, you will need to upload an image in your WordPress Media Library.
1. Go to your Dashboard>Media>Add New.
2.Once you have uploaded your desired media file, click on “Edit” button that appears at the bottom of your image upload section.
3. Click once again on “Edit Image” after you have been directed to the page shown in the screenshot above.
4. And as shown in the screenshot below, you will now receive multiple options for image editing. In this section, you will be able to-
- Crop Images
- Rotate your images left
- Rotate your images right
- Flip Images Upside Down
- Mirror Flip Images
- Undo Changes
- Redo Changes
In the right-hand corner, you will also receive options to :
- Set a custom dimension for the uploaded image
- Set a custom aspect ratio for the uploaded image
- Manage the thumbnail settings for the uploaded image
Alongside these, WordPress also offers you with the options of –
- Setting a ‘Caption’ for your image
- Setting an ‘Alternative Text’ for your image
- Putting up a ‘Description’ of your image.
Thank you for reading this article. We hope this was helpful to you all. If you have any suggestions or problems related to this article, please let us know via the comment section below.
At WPAll, our primary motive is to help you learn all about WordPress in the simplest and easiest way possible. That is why we design our tutorials in a way that the technicalities are not avoided, but yet the simplicity is maintained so that everyone can learn WordPress easily. If you like this article, please check like us on Facebook, Twitter and do subscribe to our YouTube channel.