If you have been looking for a new WordPress theme for your site you’ve surely come across with these two extremely popular multipurpose WordPress themes:Divi is a flexible theme with a huge number of customers with over 437,821 from Elegant themes and another one Avada is the best seller on Themeforest with over 530.7K+ sales at a moment from ThemeFusion. But you may be confused in which one to choose.
In this article, we will go through the pros and cons of Divi vs Avada and also some features and functionalities let’s say Divi Vs Avada – Ultimate WordPress Theme Comparisons so it will make you easier to decide which one would be better for your needs.
Divi can be used to build any types of websites where you can enjoy the live responsive previews. The powerful page builder is included which is the best choice for developers as well as it is suitable for non-coders too. And also it comes with a great graphics.
As we all know that this theme is one of the best themes of Elegant themes form which it is getting most of its income. And they are investing continuously in it by updating the theme constantly. The latest version of Divi brings the real-time editing on the front page that is built with a modern and sleek design. The library pre-built layouts and the simple page builder make this theme the most usable one there. As the time passes by this theme keeps getting better.
Avada is a clean and attractive theme because of its flexibility. This theme can be used for almost all types of a website by applying many pre-built demo websites in minutes. Just you need to add content and voila and then you are ready with a good looking website. This theme is the best seller in Envato marketplace which is really great. You can easily customize any parts of your site with the help of advanced theme options panel. The team of Avada theme updates it constantly with the new features for its users.
Divi and Avada share the similar set of features. Both of these themes come with pre-made page layouts with many customization options that can be used by non-coders too.
Drag and drop page builder
Drag and Drop page builder is the key features of this theme. It is ideal to create wireframes and mockups, prototyping a design and creating the website itself because to is easy and fast to build the layouts.
There are tons of modules included in this theme to add features like countdown timers, google maps, portfolio gallery, call to action, contact forms, buttons, social follow, sliders, and lot more. The modules can be customized or enhanced easily with standard settings and CSS.
This theme includes a lot of premade layouts to make you easier to get started. The layout includes homepages, blogs, landing pages, about pages, coming soon, shops, case studies, product features, splash pages, etc. You can create or upload your own layouts that others have created.
You can easily customize the site’s options and styles and see the results in real time including backgrounds, typography, mobile style, header, footer, blog posts, etc.
This is perfect for calls to action, sign up forms, or anything that you want your readers to click on. You can perform a/b test to improve your site’s conversion.
The Divi’s role system gives you the full control over who has accessed what in Divi builder. This will help you to protect your sharp design from anyone with the access to the backend.
The theme comes with three widgets About me, Adsense and Advertisement. You can also add the new widget areas with the help of creation tools then after choosing these areas within the Divi builder for any page and post.
Child themes and layouts
There are many beautifully designed child themes. These themes provide the look, feel and features that are required to build a perfect website. You can easily customize these child themes just like Divi and also provides new customizations.
Professional demo content
With just one click you can import the demo and create a professional looking website easily.
There are many options available so you can adjust the website according to your needs.
This theme is equipped with page builder that can be used easily in post and page without coding knowledge. You just need to have drag and drop page builder.
Page build elements
There are many elements of google map, pricing table, galleries, sliders, portfolios, and others which are free to use.
The layout can be customized according to what you want like boxed or full-width.
It is the fully responsive theme that looks awesome all the screen sizes.
There are many header options that can be easily changed as your p[reference. It can be placed on the top, left or right and also you can change the color, type background and other.
With the purchase of this theme Avada you will get some premium plugins for free like Revolution Slider and Layer Slider.
Pros and Cons
These are the pros and cons of Divi.
- The theme is fully responsive that looks beautiful on all the devices.
- The layouts are elegant that is perfect for many WordPress projects.
- While using this theme Divi, you can be assured for years as it has a strong progressive company and solid community support.
- The customization option is very simple that gives you many looks.
- Divi is the best scrolling site and if you are looking like this only then, it is the one for you.
- It’s really not easy to use the theme because sometimes it may be complicated, confusing and circuitous than actual coding. And if you want to migrate from one theme to Divi then it’s a nightmare and adding content is not a good idea.
- If you are using Divi then you have to stick with it fora very long time. And if you have added tons of content to Divi and want to move to another theme then this will leave your site with proprietary shortcodes. And the main thing is that your site’s shortcodes will not be compatible with a new theme.
- Divi fails to deliver the uniqueness towards its clients. As anyone can recognize the Divi site unless you customize your site a lot. So in this case, you need to be unique that will be loved by your clients.
These are the pros and cons of Avada:
- Avad comes with a responsive layout that supports all the devices from desktop to tablets.
- It’s each and every section is fully customizable that gives you full control over how your site is displayed.
- This theme has a clean design with a minimal amount of bloating.
- It is updated regularly which helps you to stay ahead with security and stability.
- Avada comes with more than 10 demos so choose the one that you like and start creating the site.
- Avada is not suitable for static sites and simple blogs.
- These days Avada is the most popular theme that has to lead to the security issues.
- It has some features that help to increase its learning curve.
- This theme includes third party plugin which may require additional licensing or have to wait for the updated version of the plugin.
Both Divi, as well as Avada, looks great. The Divi has predefined layouts of high standards, on the other hand, Avada looks professional with pre-built demo websites. You can know more about Divi here.
Avada offers more than 18 different demo versions that can be imported in few seconds to your site. With the help of drag and drop page builders, you are not restricted in any way to use pre-built options. Read in detail about Avada here.
Layouts and Demos
Both of the theme Divi and Avada give their users the option to apply pre-built page templates. Avada comes with 18 different demos with a particular project in mind when it is compared with Divi templates.
The customization option of Divi is the best that helps to build the site you are looking. Whereas Avada has the limited options compared to the Divi.
The price of Divi is $69 and for Avada it cost $59. With this amount, in the case of Divi you can access other 86 WordPress templates. Both of these themes provide great value for money.
Support and Updates
If you are on the developer license and not a client then you have to be the one communicating with the support team. 99% of the time the client will always contact you but for savvy clients, this will prevent them from getting support from the theme developer directly.
The default license gives you the support of 6 months then after that, you have to buy your way into support again. Since each of the consecutive means another license and actually who buys those licenses they will get more freedom. On the behalf of the clients, you can do it by yourself and be able to receive the support directly.
When it comes to the updates of these two themes, you will see a prompt in your wp-admin and will get emails of new updates.
Summary of Divi
What we liked.
- Cool layouts
- Split testing
- Great flexibility
- Real-time editing
- Can be used in multiple sites
What we did not like.
- No website demos
- No social counter
- Lack of custom fonts
Summary of Avada
What we liked.
- Great flexibility
- Custom fonts
- Sleek design
- Great selection of website demos
- Working with fusion is fast and efficient
What we did not like.
- The package allows you to use it only one site.
- It takes over the admin menu at the backend and pushes down standard WP features.
- You have to save the work to see it and no real time results.
- The multiple additional plugins required could bloat your site and slow it down.
Bottom Line: What should you choose?
Both these themes are clean and modern with many useful features. And when it is about usability, there is no clear answer. You pick the one which gives you the most value depending on the needs you require.
So, when it comes to the Divi vs Avada – Ultimate WordPress Theme Comparision like which one is better then, it may depend.
If you are looking for a theme from which you can build multiple websites and want to see the changes live that you make then go with Divi. And if you do not want to give more importance to front-end editing, want more customization options and only need a theme for a single site, then Avada is the better option.