‘Is it possible to Disable Trackback and Pings?’ First of all, let us know ‘What is Trackback and Pings?’ Trackback and pings are alerting blogs that are linked. Trackbacks needs to be created manually whereas Pings are automated. It allows a website to notify another about the updates. At the same time, it has a lot of uses and significance. But, it obvious that it may disturb another individual. Some WordPress Beginners might not use it as it’s not so important for them.
Many Beginners and WordPress Users use Trackback and Pings continuously. They might not know the way to disable it and get rid of it. To Disable Trackback and Pings is really easy as a user don’t need to use even a single line of coding. Most of the users find hard to use the coding things. To make it easy up to you here is the easiest way to Disable Trackback and Pings
Disable Trackback and Pings in WordPress
- Firstly, Login to the Dashboard of the page. Then, Users need to Click on the button Posts>>All Posts at the left bar of the page.
- Click on the Screen Options button. Now write 999 next to the ‘Number of items per page’ Then Click on the button Apply. As of now, the User can see all 999 posts on the same page.
- Select all the Posts next to the Title bar.
- Then Select the Edit Options from Bulk Actions. As of now, the user will be able to see a bulk edit box with all the posts on a particular page.
- Search for the Ping Options and Enter ‘Do not allow’
- Lastly, Click on the Update button to Save all the Changes that are made.
Note: If the site has more than 999 Posts than Start the same process for the remaining posts.
Also, WordPress allows its users to simply turn off the feature. It’s really simple and easy.
- Click on the Settings button at the left sidebar of the page. Then, Click on the button Discussions.
- Users can simply see Default Article Settings at the top of the options. Leave the space unfilled in the side of ‘Allow link notification form other blogs’
Disabling Trackback and Pings in WordPress is the task of a couple of steps. It enables to keeps the site limited and easy to use for the WordPress Beginners. Whenever users don’t find these features helpful or useful. They can simply disable this feature. Hope the information was useful. Please feel free to share. Leave the recommendations below in the Comment Section.