First of all let us know ‘What is Screen Options?’ Screen Options is a menu button located at the top right corner of the pages. It is usually used to show some screen and hide columns on other screens. Disabling it makes the Admin Area limited which is more convenient to the WordPress Beginners.
Why to Disable Screen Options Button?
Despite having lot of uses and importance, it not so important for the Beginners to use it. Some of them might find it hard to use. Without it understanding the WordPress will be a lot more easier to the WordPress beginners. Disabling the Screen Options Button the site will be much more easier to use as well as cleaner.
Disable Screen Options Button in WordPress
- First of all Login to the Dashboard of the site. Click on the button Plugins>>Add New.
- Then Search for the Adminimize Plugin. After getting the plugin users needs to Activate and Install it. For more guidance and information go through the tutorial how to install a plugin.
- After Activating the plugin, Click on the button Settings>>Adminimize.
- The Users can see the Mini Menu option. Among the many options Click on the button Global options.
- Now, the tab will be in the expanded form. Users need to tick on the button next to Screen Options. Deactivate for Editor, Author, Contributor, Subscriber.
- Click on the Update button to save all the changes made.
- Finally, the Screen Options button will be disabled from the Admin Area.
This tutorial will guide all the WordPress Beginners to Disable the Screen Options Button in WordPress. Doing it the site will look more cleaner and easier. Using plugins is the most easy way to do so. It doesn’t require any kind of coding knowledge which creates the easy environment to learn and do it for the WordPress Beginners.
Hope the information was useful. Please leave the recommendations below. Feel free to share.