Most often people don’t have a concept of Custom Post Types. So, firstly let’s have a clear concept about the term. Custom Post Types are the types of content like posts and pages. It is specially used to add portfolios, testimonials to WordPress Themes. The Custom Post Types can be created as per the wish and given name according to people’s choice. However, the post type can be any kind of content. Basically, WordPress Comes with the following post types.
- Nav Menu
Create WordPress Custom Post Types
Custom Post Types can be the best option for the website that has an unorganized content in a usual structure. You can also use them to generate specific kinds of content that suit the need of your company. It is great for SEO due to its built-in permalinks. Adding custom post types is extremely easy and is safe as well as simple. Here, let’s go through the step by step guide.
Many WordPress Beginners don’t have coding knowledge. Considering the easiest way possible, let’s use a WordPress plugin to Create Custom Post Types.
- Firstly, you need to Login to the Dashboard of the site. I am choosing the Post Types Unlimited Plugin from WordPress Directory. You can make a choice of the plugin as per the requirement of your site.
- Now, Click on the button Plugins >> Add New in order to install a plugin. Search for the plugin that you are willing to use in your site. Then, after seeing the plugin, Click on the button Install Now >> Activate. If you have any confusion while installing plugin go through install a new WordPress plugin.
- Click on the Post Types menu at the bottom of the page. Then, After Clicking on Post Types Option for the second time, you can get the option ‘Add New’. Various changes options will appear on the screen.
- First of all, title the post type. Fill the spaces for Name, Label, Signature Name, Custom Menu Name, and Description.
- Now, Tick on the button next to the option placed in right in order to enable the feature. Tick on the button next to the Public option to control the visibility of the author. To disable the feature simply leave it empty. Do the same with different options Exclude From Search, Publicly Queryable, Show UI, Show In Nav Menus, Show In Menu.
- Write the Sub-Menu Location. Tick on the button next to Show in the Admin Bar in order to display it. Choose the Menu Position. Then finally select the Menu Icon.
- You will have two option for Capability Type. Post and Page option will appear on the page, Choose the Post option. Tick on the button next to Hierarchical and Supports as per your wish and need.
- Make changes in Core Taxonomies, Has Archive, Rewrite, Custom Rewrite Slug, With Front and Show in Rest API. Finally, the Main Settings Part is Done.
- There are other Settings such as Advanced Settings and Custom Labels. Make changes as required. You just need to full up spaces and tick for the options that you want to enable. Also, don’t forget to Click on the button Publish.
We hope this step by step WordPress Tutorial has helped you to create WordPress custom post types. It is important to add this essential feature to make your WordPress site much more flexible. It’s really simple and quick to create WordPress custom post types. Please don’t use the coding method if you are a Beginner. Deploy secure and scalable servers within a few minutes. If you have any query then leave your question in the comment section below. I would love to reply to your questions.