Are you thinking to move your website? Then here are some best WordPress migration plugins that will help you to migrate your site by just clicking few buttons.
What are the reasons to migrate your website?
There are many reasons of migrating your WordPress website. Many WordPress users use the hosting services with minimum features when they first create a website. However, as the site grows they want to chose a different hosting provider with many features.
Sometimes, you want to move your WordPress site, when you want to move from a local server to live server for better development of your site.
And if you are a beginner website developer, then first you create sites for a client on your server after that you’ll need to migrate the WordPress site to the client’s server.
No matter what are your reasons to migrate your site, but one thing is sure that it’s really time consuming and may arise a risk if you don’t know much about the core network configurations.
So, to save you from the risk I’ve compiled some best WordPress migration plugins that will surely help you to migrate your site with ease. Here is the list:
If you want a perfect WordPress migration plugins then Duplicator is the best one. This plugin creates a package that bundles all the site’s themes, plugins, database, content, and WordPress files into a simple zip file. This package includes all the required files where you don’t need to prepare a WordPress installation in your new site. You can easily move or migrate your WordPress site from one host to another. It lets you make your own pre-configured sites to eliminate rework.
Apart from this, you will get on-screen instructions where you will get an step by step procedure. This will help you to setup the site on the new location easily. After that you need to update the URL. You can also reuse or distribute your site easily which will not take a lot of time to do. This plugin can be used even by beginners easily without having any difficulties.
- Pull down a live site to localhost for development
- Transfer a WordPress site from one host to another
- Manually backup a WordPress site or parts of a site
- Duplicate a live site to a staging area or vice versa
- Bundle up an entire WordPress site for easy reuse or distribution
All-in-One WP Migration is a user friendly WordPress plugin that exports your WordPress website which includes the themes, plugins, database, and media files without knowing any technical knowledge. You can easily upload your website to the different location with drag and drop functionality. It fixes any serialisation problems which may occur during the find/replace operation.
This plugin comes with an option to apply an unlimited number of find and replace operations during the export process on your database. It is fully compatible with all the mobile devices from small to large. It does not require any PHP extensions and works well with all versions of PHP from v5.2 onwards.
- User-Friendly and Mobile Friendly
- Bypasses Upload Restrictions
- Unlimited Find and Replace Operations
- Windows, macOS, and Linux Compatible
- Automatically Fixes Serialization Problems
WP Migrate DB is one of the best WordPress migration plugin that exports your database as a MySQL data dump, does a search and replace for URLs and paths. Also, you can save the database to your computer as an SQL file. This is the perfect plugin for those who want to migrate their locally developed site to a staging or production server. This plugin is built in XML export/import that can be used to migrate your entire database.
- Backup, push and pull your databases
- Find & replace different data
- Able to export your database
- Works table wise and Filter post types
- Stores migration profiles
One of the fastest ways to migrate your WordPress sites is Migrate Guru. This plugin is very easy to use where you can move your site with just one click. It is specially built to handle the large sites because of live-site server import limits.You will not require add-ons to move multi-sites, or sites with serialised data. The plugin is designed beautifully that is compatible with any of the hosting services.
- Compatible with every web host
- Built-in search and replace
- Built for large sites
- One-click migration
- No storage space required
Super Backup & Clone is a modern and clean WordPress plugin that comes with many useful and advanced features. These features helps you to import any one of your backups to a new WordPress installation easily. You can track all backup tasks and always know what the current status of your latest backup. The Super Backup system lets you run a straight Cloud migration from one MultiSite to another without any difficulties.
It is very easy to create a new Snapshot, for that you just need to provide a name, and select one of the predefined destinations, after that you’re good to go in just a few seconds. The convenient migrate panel allows you to migrate any backup version that you want onto your current server.
- Schedule routine site backups
- Real-time logs and detailed history reports
- Exclude certain files, folders, or database tables
- Multiple cloud and personal storage options
- Restore or migrate site using saved snapshots or a file upload
Updraftplus is a user friendly and effective backup WordPress plugin that comes with a migration tool. This tool lets you migrate your website easily. The plugin allows you to create a complete backup and import it on any location if you are using it as your backup plugin. You can schedule and store your WordPress backups to remote locations. It perfectly works with multiple WordPress networks.
You will get a free support form the team if you will get stuck while using it. And the incremental backups allow you to save server resources. The plugin will synchronize the database with cloud storage services such as FTP, SFTP, SCP, Dropbox, and Google Drive. The premium version will cost you $70 and if you are using the free version then you need to purchase the Migrator Addon for $30.
- Works with multiple networks
- Proven to backup sites of 100GB
- Highest-rating backup and restore plugin
- Runs everywhere that WordPress runs
- Backs up limitless non-WordPress files and external databases
BackupBuddy is a backup WordPress plugin but works well for the site migration. This plugin allows you to make automatic scheduled backups on daily, weekly, or monthly basis the way you like. The built-in functionality lets you change servers or hosts, change your domain, and change URLs automatically when migrating to a new domain. It sets up your backup schedules, choose what to backup, and store them to remote locations such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3, and much more. This plugin is not available for free so for the premium version you just need to pay once to get a lifetime license which will cost from $80 to $199.
- Instant email notifications
- Downloadable backup zip files
- Built-in security scanning features
- Easy site restore using the exclusive ImportBuddy tool
- Scheduled, automatic site backups with off-site storage
VaultPress is a premium WordPress migration plugin that is developed by Matt Mullenweg who is the co-founder of WordPress. This plugin comes with many powerful functions that lets you support the backup process which includes additional backup security systems. This will ensure that the website migration runs smoothly.
You can easily restore the features with just one click. The interface lets you browse different backup versions and migrate multiple versions of the site. This includes database, theme, and plugins.
- 30-day or unlimited backup archives
- 1-click site restores and easy site migrations
- Uptime monitoring and comment spam protection
- Automated daily backups with unlimited storage space
- Protection against malware, accidental damage, hackers, and host outages
Here, I’ve made the list of some best WordPress migration plugins that comes with many useful and advanced features.
Hope this article was helpful for you, if you have any queries then feel free to share with us.