There are several reasons why you might need to migrate your WordPress website. Be it when launching a new website after completing its development on the local host, or changing the hosting service provider, the migrations can take place. In those cases, moving your website can be one option. But it can be quite time consuming as you have to complete several steps to ensure a successful migration. Also, while migrating if you make any mistakes then, you might end up with a messy website or data loss. So, to make the migration of website easier and stress-less, you can turn to one of the many WordPress migration plugins available. These plugins are designed and developed to make the move your website easier without any data loss.
From the all available WordPress plugin for migrating website, All in One Migration and Duplicator are some of the most popular options. They have a very high active users and contains some contrasting features to make the WordPress migration easier to the users.
Here, in this article, we will compare their features, pricing, pros and cons to determine which of these migration plugin is the best one for WordPress websites. At the end of the blog, you will get a clear picture of which one of these plugins can be chosen to migrate your WordPress website from one location to another location quickly and easily.
So, let’s get this comparison started and find out the best WordPress migration plugin:
All in One Migration is one of the most popular WordPress plugins to export all the data of your WordPress website including media files, plugins, themes and many more. It comes with an easy drag and drop setup that lets you backup your web data without any coding skills. This option is applied to find and replace unlimited number of operation on your database during the export process of your website.
- Mobile Compatible Plugin
- No Limit on Host and Operating System While Migrating
- No Need to Constrain Upload Size Restriction
- Contains Zero Dependencies
- Supports mySQL and mySQLi
- Allows to Migrate Parts of Multi Site to Single Sites
- Basic: $0
- Premium: $69 to $199
- Easy to understand.
- Export compatibility for all major Cloud services.
- Since the plugin does not have any dependencies, it is compatible with all PHP hosting providers.
- Comparatively expensive than other migration plugins.
- WordPress should be pre-installed on the live and destination server.
- Selecting string to replace is sometimes not easy for users.
Duplicator is freemium WordPress plugin to migrate, copy, move or clone a WordPress website between different domains or hosts with zero downtime. It bundles all your web contents like plugins, themes, database, and WordPress file into a simple zip called package. And with the help of this package you can easily migrate your WordPress website to any location of your preference.
- Scheduled Backups
- Integrated Transfer to Cloud Storage such as Dropbox, Google Drive and Amazon S3
- Multi Threaded Functionality for Large Websites and Databases
- Database Creation Built into Installer
- Connects to cPanel Directly from Installer
- Basic: $0
- Personal: $59
- Freelancer: $79
- Business: $129
- Gold: $359
- Lets you know the progress of migration process via emails, if not real time.
- WordPress is not required for installation as the package contain all site file.
- Can bundle up entire WordPress website for easy reuse or distribution.
- No messy import or export SQL scripts.
- Very hand-on plugin as you might need technical expertise to upload files via FTP.
- Need to go through a long process for migration (at least 12 steps).
- Free version of the plugin contains very limited features.
Both of the above mentioned plugin may suit you depend upon your technical knowledge and precise needs. If you are confident about your technical skills then, you can go for duplicator as it contains some advanced steps for migration. However, you do not have much technical knowledge then, All in One Migration is the plugin that contains easy steps to migrate your WordPress website.
You may also like to check: