Do you want to add Google Slides Presentations in WordPress?
What with the constant changes inherent in technological advancement, it helps when we can rely on certain things. Slide presentations are a great example of something we can depend on. Despite the availability of other formats, slide presentations still remain a relevant option today.
And yes, a relevant option for your WordPress website too. Be it for marketing purposes or customer service, businesses and brands would do well to consider using slideshow presentations on their websites.
Why we use slide presentations
Slide presentations fit in when we need to share a specific set of information. Instead of relying on a wall of text or, in some cases, memory-hungry media files, we can choose to present the information instead.
And that’s only one of the benefits. In short, you can expect following things when you add Google Slides Presentations in WordPress:
- Effective information sharing
- Savings on space
- Site performance prioritization
All in all, the benefits of slideshows present themselves as add-ons to information sharing in a convenient package. And that’s because that’s exactly what they are. After all, the end-goal is to communicate a set of information effectively.
Plus, the nature of presentations make them a handy tool when considering your site’s SEO. For a modern business, that’s something you absolutely can’t forget!
Creating a presentation isn’t as challenging as it used to be. That’s thanks to the availability of ready-made templates and features that optimize your presentation.
Need a comparative presentation? A Venn diagram template should be readily available for any user. The best part? It’s not hard to integrate these into your site.
To help you get started, we’ve come up with 2 methods for you to use. These methods are independent of each other so you can just choose whichever you find convenient.
2 Ways to Add Slides to WordPress
Use a plugin
Plugins are one of the basic components that make a WordPress website function. That’s thanks to the efficient system WordPress uses that allows even the least experienced amateur to make websites.
For these purposes, you can be sure that there’s a plugin or two appropriate for your use. For us, we like using Embed Any Document since it supports the use of different file types on the site.
Unfortunately, it also comes with a limit on the size of the upload. In this context, it’s not something you’ll have to worry about though. Slideshows should fit within the requirements just fine.
To install, follow these steps:
- Download the plugin on the WordPress website.
- Ensure all the files you downloaded are all in one folder. You can name this “embed-any-document”
- Upload the entire folder to the directory “/wp-content/plugins/” in WordPress
- After that, finalize the process by activating the plugin on the Plugins tab in WordPress.
Wasn’t so hard, right? And this is supposed to be the more complicated option! After activating the plugin, all that’s left to do is to upload the slideshow file itself.
To upload your slideshow, follow these steps:
- The plugin will now allow you to “Add Document” — look for this in the WordPress Post Editor.
- Select, Add Document and navigate to the Google Slideshow you’ve prepared.
Sourced from WordPress.com
- Select embed from the menu once the upload is finished.
- You will now be able to choose the viewer for your slideshow.
.And that’s all there is to it. The reason we chose to teach this method first is so that users will have an option to embed more file types. In this way, you already have the plugin ready in WordPress.
Use Google Slides
Alternatively, you could opt to go for the integrated embed function in Google Slides. This means you don’t have to download any third-party files.
This one is the most appropriate option for those with little time to prepare. This is also the simplest. That’s because we’ll be using an integrated feature that needs no tinkering.
To start, navigate to the presentation you wish to publish. Before going any further, you’ll want to make sure that the presentation is ready to present as it is–so you don’t accidentally publish anything you didn’t intend to.
After finalizing your presentation, follow these steps:
- Click on “File” on Google Slides. Choose the option to “Publish to the Web” in the dropdown menu.
- You will then see a menu like this. These are the settings you can alter for your presentation.
- Go through each option as this will be reflected in the final presentation. Users will be able to choose the resolution, advance-speed, and slideshow behavior.
- Click Publish once you feel the settings are correct. You will get this prompt.
- After giving Google permission to publish, the slideshow will now be available to the public. Go to the Embed tab and copy the slideshow URL.
- Navigate to the appropriate page on your site and open Page Editor on WordPress. Choose Text Editor.
- Paste the URL of your presentation and hit save.
After that, it’s just a matter of fine-tuning the dimensions if needed. It’s a very simple approach to the whole thing but one that lends itself to casual techies. At least this way, even non-professionals can get their hands dirty.
Admittedly, it’s not the shortest process taken step-by-step. Rest assured though that the overall process is much faster in practice.
This method is also perfect as it avoids any possible issues when using third-party plugins. After all, WordPress will not offer you any guarantees for these plugins. Even a minor glitch can mean your presentation won’t be published correctly.
It takes a little effort but the benefits are well worth it. Slideshow presentations have been a reliable way to disseminate information and have served us well over the years. What’s weird is that the technology hasn’t been used as much online.
This means that there is a gap that the wise can take advantage of. What do we mean? Well, with fewer people utilizing them, you’re bound to stand out from the crowd when you present yours, right?
If you look at it that way, the effort doesn’t seem so much, does it? That’s because these days, it’s not even that hard to make slideshows anymore. The only thing left for you to do is to stick it on your website.
We hope this article helped you to add Google Slides Presentations in WordPress with ease. If you have any kind of confusion please leave your queries in the comment section below.