Image attracts humans, it is more likely to grab the attention of a viewer through images rather than texts. Adding feature images in WordPress will allow the developers to add support. It is used on WP Beginner’s homepage and archive pages. Feature images describe the customizability of the representational image.
Importance of adding featured images in WordPress are:
- Allows displaying the image that is related to the post.
- Increase the visual presence of a website.
- Important for quality blogging
- Perfectly increases the better SEO results.
- Allows WP user to add images in a structured way.
Adding Featured Image in WordPress:
- Firstly, Login to Dashboard. Then write the post. Prepare Feature image as per the proper size. While Adding New Post, on the right side Featured Image option will appear. Click on the button Set Featured Image.
- Click on the button Upload Files. Every time, users will have two option whether to Select Files as they have saved or Drop the particular files anywhere to upload.
- After choosing the file Open the file. In case the file isn’t the correct one, click the button Cancel.
- The image that users want to Insert as Featured Image in the Post will appear in the box which is highlighted by red color in the below screenshot.
- Fill the blank Caption, Title, Alt Text, and Description as per the post topic.
- After following all the steps, click on the button Set Featured Image to insert the Featured Image in your post.
- Finally, the image can be viewed. In case user wants to change the featured image they have the option to Remove Featured Image.
It’s really easy to add Featured Images in WordPress to WP Beginners as well. After Adding a feature image, viewers can get basic knowledge about the objective of the tutorials, articles or posts. Hope the information was useful. Any WordPress Beginners can add Featured Image in an easy step of 1,2,3…! After viewing this tutorial.