When you add a caption to images in WordPress, you can provide your readers additional information about the image you have included in your post. A caption also proves useful if you want to provide a context to the image uploaded, have your image dated, and include an attribution license. In this tutorial, we will show you how you can add a caption to images in WordPress.
First Method – While Uploading New Media
Here we will see how you can add captions to your images straight after uploading them.
1. Upload an image. (For this go to Dashboard>Media>Add New)
2. Click on “Edit” that appears below the select file’s icon.
3. As shown in the screenshot, you can update your captions as you like.
4. Click on update button in the lower right corner and then your caption is all set to be displayed.
How your captions are displayed all depends upon the theme you are using. But pretty much in all themes, the captions are displayed right below the images.
Second Method – Using Media Library
We previously showed you how to add captions to your images as soon as you upload them. But what if the images have already been uploaded? How do you add captions to them? Let’s see how captions can be added after having your images uploaded.
1. Go to Dashboard>Media>Library.
2. Click on the image of which caption you want to add.
3. After you click on the image, you will be directed to the page as shown in the screenshot below.
4. Put up a caption that you like and you are all set.